Remember if you can’t make it – PLEASE cancel your appointment.
If you have an urgent problem during surgery hours, please call us on 01889 881206.
The receptionist will need to take some details about the problem and arrangements will be made for you to be seen by the doctor as soon as possible
We are offering late evening appointments
Monday – Friday between the hours of 18.30 and 20.00 hours at Hillsprings Health Centre and Wellbeing, Rugeley, and on Saturday and Sunday at Cannock Chase Hospital in the GP Suite.
Appointments are also available from Hillsprings Health and Wellbeing Centre, Rugeley.
Appointments will be pre-booked only.
To book an appointment contact the surgery on the following number between 08.00 and 18.30 hours weekdays. 01889 881206
Please note that these appointment will not be available on line.
Please ask our reception staff if you require further details
- You can pre-book an appointment with the Doctor of your choice.
- If you would like to discuss more than one problem you will need to book a double appointment. It is one problem per appointment.
- The Receptionist will advise you about appointment availability.
- Early morning (starting at 7.30am), late evening (finishing at 7pm) and Saturday
- Morning appointments are available most weeks.
- You can book appointments up to 2/3 weeks in advance.
Same Day Appointments
- Each weekday we have a number of same day appointments available.
- Within the time available the Doctor can only deal with one medical problem.
- Contact Reception as early as possible (phone lines open at 8am) to request an appointment.
- You will be seen by the Duty Doctor, you cannot choose the Doctor you see.
- If all appointment slots have been taken, the Receptionist will advise you about alternatives available to you, depending on the urgency with which you need to be seen.
The telephone lines are always busy between 8am and 9am. Same day appointments do go very quickly, however, we are offering the maximum number of appointments we can. More and more demand outweighs what we offer on the day but if you consider your case to be urgent please inform the Receptionist and you will either be seen or contacted by the Duty Doctor.
Our Nursing Team offer:
- Pre booked appointments.
- Same day appointments for emergencies
- Same day appointments for bloods and a range of health checks including blood pressure and urine testing.
- A range of Clinics to meet the needs of patients with chronic health problems. Travel and Childhood immunisations are available at the Surgery.
Rapid Access Appointments
Many of our Nurses are qualified as Specialist Nurses in the diagnosis and treatment of a whole range of minor illnesses, they are also able to prescribe. If the Nurse decides that you need to see a Doctor, this will be arranged for you at the time of your visit.
Rapid Access clinics are held throughout the week, please ask at Reception for more details.
Telephone Advice may include queries about a prescription, a test result, a hospital appointment, a referral, a form that needs to be completed or advice about a minor ailment. Please call and ask the receptionist who will be able to help you.
Telephone Consultations with your Doctor
If you only need advice from the doctor or nurse you can book a telephone consultation by calling the Surgery. The doctor will discuss your problem at an allotted time. Please make sure you give the correct phone number to the receptionist.
Telephone appointments are only available during surgery hours.
Advice is also available from the NHS 111 service by calling 111 from your landline or mobile phone.
If you anticipate that you may require an examination by the Doctor and feel that you would like a chaperone to be present, please make reception aware at the time of booking your appointment so that this can be arranged. For further information please see our Chaperones policy.
- Each appointment is for one person only. If other family members need to be seen please book a separate appointment.
- If you think your problem is very complicated or if you have several things that you want to discuss with your Doctor, please request a double appointment from the Receptionist or online with Patient Access.
- Emergency appointments are for medical problems that cannot wait until the next day.
- Please try to arrive 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- The Doctors always try to keep their consultations to time but due to the wide range of problems that patients present with this is not always possible. If delays occur we would appreciate your patience and understanding.
Further information can be found on our Getting the Most out of a Consultation page.
If you are unable to attend for your appointment please tell us in good time so that we are able to offer another patient the use of that appointment.
You can use one of the following methods:
- Cancel Online using Patient Access:
Cancel Your Appointment online using Patient Access.
- Cancel Online (Alternative Method - No Login Required):
Cancel your Appointment Online.
- By Telephone:
Please call us on 01889 881206.
- In Person: Call into your surgery and let the receptionist know in person.
We can offer your appointment to someone else and therefore help to reduce waiting times.
As part of our commitment to all our patients we monitor the efficient use of appointments. If a patient regularly fails to attend a booked appointment, the practice reserves the right to remove them and their family from the practice list.