This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of the practice.
We are providing data to NHS Digital as part of the General Practice Data for Planning and Research data collection, so that patient data can be used to help improve everyone's health and care. Under data protection law we must tell you about how we use your personal information. Please see General Practice Data for Planning and Research: GP Practice Privacy Notice for further information.
If you would like to opt out please download and complete a Register your Type 1 opt out preference form and return it to your surgery.
Calls to and from the surgery are recorded and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018, calls are recorded for monitoring, training and dispute resolution purposes.
- The purpose of call recording is to provide an exact record of the call which will:
- Protect the interests of both parties;
- Help improve Practice performance and best practice;
- Help protect Practice staff from abusive or nuisance calls;
- Establish the facts in the event of a complaint either by a patient or a member of staff and so assist in resolving it;
- Establish the facts and assist in the resolution of any medico-legal claims made against the practice or it clinicians;
- A call recording may also be used as evidence in the event that an employee’s tel-ephone conduct is deemed unacceptable. In this situation the recording will be made available to the employee’s manager, to be investigated as per the Practice Disciplinary Policy
For further information please contact the surgery.
The Freedom for Information Act 2000 gives the public the right to know how public services are run and how much they cost. From January 2005 General Practices must respond to requests about information it holds. However requests will have to satisfy a number of conditions. For further information please contact our Practice Manager.
As part of a mandatory, national programme each GP Practice will have to make a summary care record for each patient (unless the patient has already opted out).
Please read the information regarding this.
If you wish to opt out download and complete the opt out form and return to the Practice (see below).
Your GP practice holds copies of your patient health record electronically and in paper format. Both contain the healthcare information about you that your GP needs including your medical history, medications, allergies, immunisations and vaccinations.
If you have previously registered with a different GP in England, upon registering at this practice your electronic health record will, where possible, be transferred automatically from your previous practice through the use of an NHS system called GP2GP.